Friday 22 August 2014

My Home - A Reflection of Me

An old friend of mine asked me this morning why I always talk of leaving my home to stay on my own. I told him that the walls, the furniture and the showpieces in my house make me feel like a stranger in my own home. I cannot truly feel one with my environment unless it reflects who I am. He then asked me a question that stopped me in my tracks and made me think.
"What is stopping you from redoing your home? Why don't you redecorate it to exhibit the the person you are?"
Thanks to that question, I have now handpicked 3 unique items from makemyhome.com that I can relate to! It's Friday today, and I have my Latin ballroom dance class in the evening. Before I leave for my class, I like to practise my moves in front of the mirror and get in the mood for some good dancing! And nothing can help me do this better than the Deknudt Mirror which is framed by the silhouettes of young people partying the night away! :-)

Deknudt Mirror
Deknudt Mirror

My second pick is a pair of stick-on pillars that will sit tight on a wall in my room and give it another dimension. The rooms we have in Mumbai are not large enough to fit in thick, real pillars. These black-and-white painted-pieces are minimalistic and elegant! This projects one essential characteristic of my personality - minimalism. I am not a person who believes in decking up for all occasions. I thrive on simplicity and grace.

Wonder Arts Pillar Wall Sticker
Wonder Arts Pillar Wall Sticker

My final selection is a handmade woollen Caribbean Carpet which is fire and dust-proof. Its luxurious fabric reflects my ambitious persona. I yearn to succeed and strive for a richer quality of life. This carpet is also warm and cosy, just like the warmth my heart radiates to the universe and dreams of world-peace.

Caribbean Carpet
Caribbean Carpet

My style is essentially an embodiment of "less is more". My home would resonate the theme of contemporary minimalism with a monochrome colour palette. I believe understated elegance is what pleases the eye and endears visitors to keep coming back to your home. If I could redo my house in this fashion, I would never want to leave it!

This post is a part of Makemyhome activity at BlogAdda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!